Labor Day is just around the corner, and for many that means the end of summer has finally arrived. Soon enough, we’ll be looking forward to the dramatic colors as fall foliage begins to change, and before you know it winter will be knocking on our door. Though Labor Day may mark the unofficial end to the summer, there is no doubt that there are still plenty of fun activities and events happening in Spicer over the next few weeks. If you haven’t been here yet, now is your last chance to take advantage of a beautiful summer on the sparkling shores of Green Lake. Book your room at our romantic Bed and Breakfast today, and let us show you a great time!
Upcoming Events Near Spicer
- Glacial Ridge Winery is still hosting its pooular Summer Concert Series every Thursday. The free concerts happen rain or shine, and will continue through September 8th. Also in September is the Grape Stomp at Glacial Ridge Winery, which promises to be a spectacular evening of Hollywood-themed fun.
- KRA Speedway Racing is a 3/8 mile semi-banked dirt track located in Willmar, MN. The racetrack will be hosting 4 more races this season, the next of which is Championship Night. The average pit count exceeds 250 drivers, crew and fans as well as a volunteer staff of roughly 50 people, making for a fantastic evening of fun.
- Pedal Into The Past. Sibley State Park, a nearby scenic park that was once homesteads, farms and homes, is hosting the annual Pedal Into The Past. To see this park as it once was, join us at Sibley State P for this interpretive bike ride.
- Green Lake Cruises offers a variety of themed cruises around the beautiful Green Lake. Popular upcoming cruises include the Bloody Mary Cruise, and the Sunday Brunch Cruise.
- Music Under the Prairie Stars. Enjoy a dinner of locally grown fare at the 9th Annual Music Under the Prairie Stars event underneath a white canopy tent, cocktails by the big red barn, and live music by the High 48’s. A silent eco-auction will feature wonderful local items and experiences, such as locally made art pieces, dinners catered by local chefs, and food and wine packages by local growers and wineries.
No matter which of these events you choose to enjoy, rest easy knowing you have the luxurious accommodations of the Spicer Castle Inn waiting for you at the end of the day. While you’re here, don’t miss your chance to dine in our exquisite lakeside restaurant or to catch our extravagant Murder Mystery Dinners. We look forward to serving you at Minnesota’s premiere Bed and Breakfast. Book your stay today!