The Spicer Castle, known for its restful atmosphere, beautiful scenery, and exquisite restaurant, is an excellent place to spend some time during these cold winter months. So many of us tend to stay indoors, out of the harsh elements of winter, but we urge you to do exactly the opposite. It doesn’t matter what the weather does in Minnesota; there’s always something fun and exciting going on here. Book your room at our wonderful Bed and Breakfast, and take part in the best winter recreation Minnesota has to offer.
There’s so much winter recreation in and around Spicer during the snowy months, and plenty of ways to renew your spirit and reconnect with nature during the dark, cold months of winter. All you have to do is get here! Once you’re ready to play, here are our favorite ideas for winter recreation in Spicer:
- Spicer’s annual Winterfest is coming in January, and is your chance to get the most fun out of these cold winter months. The highlights of these fun weekends include snowmobile runs, ice fishing tournaments, a hockey tournament, cross country skiing, medallion hunting, and so much more. Winter recreation doesn’t get much better than the annual Winterfest celebration.
- Willmar Warhawks Hockey Games
- Snowmobiling at Sibley State Park, or along the Glacial Lakes State Trail
- Cross country skiing and snowshoeing at Sibley State Park and Prairie Woods Environmental Learning Center.
- Ice Fishing on Green Lake, and other regional lakes
When you’re done playing in the snow and ready for a little down time, our Inn will be here waiting. Our waterfront restaurant is open for business, and is the perfect place to relax and refuel yourselves for the following day. You may want to consider booking one of our hilarious Murder Mystery Dinners as well. There’s no better way to enjoy a raucous evening of entertainment in Spicer, Minnesota. Book your stay at our Minnesota Bed and Breakfast, and experience these extraordinary opportunities for winter recreation for yourself!