For a small town of a little more than 1,000 people, there certainly is plenty to do throughout the year in Spicer, Minnesota. Summers in Spicer are all about the lake, and rightly so. But what about winter? Winter is, surprisingly, packed with fun, too. Winter is a great time to gather together to celebrate the cold winter months, and that’s exactly what Spicer’s annual Winterfest Celebration is all about. Whether your idea of a winter getaway includes getting outside to take part in our favorite winter activities, such as snowmobiling and cross country skiing, or whether your ideal getaway is better spent indoors relaxing to your hearts content, Spicer Castle on Green Lake is the perfect place for you. January is a great time to plan a winter getaway to the Spicer Castle, when the ever-popular Winterfest celebration comes to town. Book your room at our romantic Minnesota Bed and Breakfast today.
It’s Time for Winterfest Again!
Spicer’s annual Winterfest celebration is your chance to get outside and have some old fashioned fun. Winterfest starts now, at the beginning of January, with daily cross country and snowshoeing trails open at the Prairie Woods Environmental Learning Center. This Weekend will mark the building of the annual Ice Castle, which is an incredible site to behold. The festivities don’t really get underway until January 20th, and they continue through February 11, 2018. The highlights of these fun weekends include:
- Jan 20: Frozen 5k Run/Walk
- Jan 20: Winterfest Bonfire at the Beach
- Jan 20: Lighting Ceremony and Fireworks; the official kickoff the Winterfest 2018!
- Jan 21: Kids fishing
- Jan 26: Karoke at Zorbaz
- Jan 26: Winterfest Comedy Show at O’Neils
- Jan 27: Spa Day at Glacial Ridge Winery
- Jan 27: 14th annual Polar Bear Plunge
- Jan 27: Cheers for Beers at O’Neils Event Center
- Jan 28: Omelet Breatkfast
- Feb 3: Gourmet S’mores and wine at Glacial Ridge winery
- Feb 3: 5th annual Tommy Swenson Memorial Fishing Tournament
- Feb 3: 12th annual Winterfest softball tournament and Fire Department Challenge
- Feb 4: Superbowl Party at O’Neils
- Feb 10: Chocolate, Cheese, and Wine at Glacial Ridge Winery
- Feb 11: Sleigh and Ski Festival
During these exciting weekends in Spicer, you’ll enjoy a tremendous variety of winter activities. We hope to see you for at least one of these festival days, if not more. Winterfest is truly a unique winter celebration. Come stay with us for a few days at the Spicer Castle Bed and Breakfast, and get into the winter spirit with us.