Book Your Summer Vacation to the Spicer Castle Inn Now!
It may only be late in the month of February, and we are certainly still mired in wintry weather. But that doesn’t mean we can’t still think about warmer days to come. Spring isn’t all that far away, actually. Now’s a great time to make plans for your summer vacation. What could be better than a restful week spent on the glistening shores of Minnesota’s Green Lake? Here, life just slows down. Worries fade away. Your focus on the daily grind of modern life will switch to a simple enjoyment of living in the present. There’s a reason this part of Minnesota has long been considered a top getaway destination. With numerous recreation areas nearby and an infinite number of ways to relax and unwind, there truly is no better place to be for a summer vacation than at the Spicer Castle Inn. Book your summer vacation at Minnesota’s most relaxing lakeside Bed and Breakfast today.
A Lakeside Summer Vacation
Spicer, Minnesota is a quaint lakeside community located along the shores of beautiful Green Lake, about 90 minutes west of Minneapolis/St. Paul. Getting outside and enjoying the many summer activities is easy when you stay at the Spicer Castle. Here are just a few of the things that await, when you spend your summer vacation with us at the Spicer Castle Bed and Breakfast:
- The most simple of summer activities is spending time on/in the water. Though there are many lakes in the immediate area that will provide endless hours of summer fun in the sun, none of them are bigger or better than Green Lake. In total, there are 6 public access points on Green Lake, including the popular Saulsbury Beach. Guests at Spicer Castle Inn also enjoy private access to Green Lake via our dock.
- The deep, clear waters of Green are popular for fishing walleye, northern pike, smallmouth bass, black crappie, and bluegill.
- One of the most popular biking trails in the area is the 22 mile Glacial Lake State Trail, which provides miles of excellent paved trails for exploring.
- Whether on bike or on foot, Sibley State Park is a beautiful place to spend a day. On bike, you can access Sibley State Park via country road 148, which meaders through the cattail marshes and fields. Once there, you can ride or walk up to the Observation Tower at Mount Tom. Mt. Tom is the highest point for 50 miles, offering rewarding views of Minnesota’s beautiful lake country.
- The 39th Annual Green Lake Road Race is one of the most popular summer races. This 12 race Mile race is the premier event of the annual 4th of July celebration in Spicer.
- Spicer’s fourth of July celebration is a fantastic celebration of old-fashioned fun. There are activities for all ages, including an arts and crafts fair, an amusing flea market, volleyball, basketball and softball tournaments, kiddie pedal tractor pull, and, of course, plenty of fun in the water. There is a street dance open to people 21 years and older, and on the fourth itself the Grand Day parade includes over 100 participants with lots of entertainment.
- Join the town of New London for their annual Water Days celebration, including a parade, live entertainment, a kids fishing derby, a water ski show, and a street dance.
- The Little Crow Ski Team is a wonderful throwback to the 1940’s. They ski at their home site Neer Park on the Crow River in the neighboring town of New London. The Little Crow Ski Team puts on a show every Friday night during the months of June, July, and August.
- There are also several wonderful golf courses located nearby, including the Little Crow Golf Club in Spicer, and Eagle Creek Golf Club in Willmar.
- Unwind with a glass of wine at the Glacial Ridge Winery. Their tasting room is a wonderful place to stop in for a sip or two of wine, before heading back to the Restaurant at Spicer Castle for a delicious evening meal.
Let us help you relax and enjoy the rest of your summer. Make your plans for summer vacation today, and spend it with us at our lakefront Bed and Breakfast. You won’t regret it!