Getaway to See Fall Foliage in Minnesota
Now that Labor Day Weekend has passed, we can officially, though reluctantly, say goodbye to summer, and welcome the fast-approaching fall. The hills around Spicer are already showing hints of their colorful autumnal hues, which means now is the perfect time to plan a getaway to the Spicer Castle Bed and Breakfast. As the air begins to cool, we’ll soon be surrounded by fall’s hallmark hues of crimson, orange, yellow, and green. You won’t have to go far to see the finest fall foliage the Midwest has to offer. Take advantage of this incredible fall weather, and book your room with us today.
How to Enjoy Your Fall Getaway
The fall color show in Minnesota is nothing short of spectacular. The peak foliage season typically stretches from September through mid-October. The best way to get those panoramic fall views is to take a hike, but there are plenty of unique ways to basque in the glory of fall in Spicer. Here are a few of our favorite ways to enjoy fall at our romantic Bed and Breakfast:
- Few things beat seeing the fall colors reflecting in the still waters of Green Lake. It is a must-do activity when you’re in Spicer. You can either bring your own boat and use our dock, or you can rent a canoe or paddleboat from us.
- The colorful fall view is equally alluring form the lake’s edge, wrapped up with a comfy sweater or throw in the stillness of the morning air. Enjoy fall from our stunning lakeside patio.
- If you want to get a broader view of Minnesota’s fall splendor, head to the nearby Minnesota River Valley Scenic Byway. The byway is a popular destination for foliage lovers, and can be navigated on foot, by car or even by kayak. Let your sense of adventure be your guide!
- Go biking down the Glacial Lakes State Trail.
- Hike to the top of Mount Tom and enjoy a little fall birdwatching at Sibley State Park. As the fall color show gets fully underway in western Minnesota, a hike up to Mount Tom will be incredibly rewarding. It is one of several high points in a 50-mile radius, and as such will give you a spectacular and colorful view out over the forests, farmland, prairie knolls, and lakes that dot this area.
- Another nearby park where you’re sure to enjoy a spectacular fall color show is Monson Lake State Park. Though this park is small, it is located at a transition point between Minnesota’s prairie lands and hardwood forests. You’re more likely to see a beautiful combination of tree and prairie colors as you work your way through this delightful park.
- Take a scenic drive along the Glacial Ridge Scenic Byway. This 220 mile route will take you through a beautiful mix of hardwood forest, prairie and lakes, with plenty of opportunities for hiking, birding, and taking photos along the way.
The gorgeous colors of fall don’t just stay outside. There are delicious fall treats coming out of our kitchen as well. Beyond relishing the gorgeous hues of fall, there’s plenty to do in the Spicer area. To get even more out of your fall getaway, plan ahead to get tickets to our wildly popular murder mystery dinners.Venture out of the city to our lakeside Bed and Breakfast, and enjoy the spectacular fall color found near beautiful Spicer, Minnesota. Book your fall getaway today.