A Lakeside Getaway for the Holidays
Now that November is here, it’s time we turn our attention towards the upcoming holiday season. Winter is special in Spicer, Minnesota, and certainly something worth experiencing. Whether you plan to visit family in the area, or just want to carve out a little time for a romantic getaway this winter, now is the perfect time to plan a getaway during the upcoming holidays. When it comes to accommodations on the shores of Green Lake, nothing compares to Spicer Castle Bed and Breakfast. Book your room today, and enjoy the sights and sounds of the holidays with us.
Celebrate the Holidays at Spicer Castle Inn
Does the thought of the holiday season stress you out? As families across the country gather at their Thanksgiving tables, the reality of Christmas is finally settling in for most of us. We know that Christmas is a busy time of year, and sometimes a stressful one. We’ve entered our quiet season in Spicer, a time when the serenity of a lakefront getaway comes into full focus. Just outside our door, a wintry wonderland awaits. Here’s what’s in store from now through the December in Spicer:
- Enjoy the sounds of the season with the annual Norwegian Christmas Concert Tour of 2017 at Faith Lutheran Church in Spicer.
- Take in the colorful displays at the Celebrate the Light of the World Christmas Light Display in Willmar. It opens on November 23rd, 2017, and continues through January 7, 2018.
- Enjoy the Festive Forest Display at the Kandiyohi County Historical Society.
- “A Christmas Story” will be playing at the Barn Theater from November 30 – December 10, 2017. Act fast to get your tickets to this Christmas classic!
- If you enjoy the movie ELF, then head to the drive-in theater on December 2, 2017. It’s part of the Celebrate the Light season of celebration.
- Enjoy a glass of wine and help Glacial Ridge Winery celebrate their Countdown to Christmas.
- New London and Spicer both will welcome the holidays with the annual Holiday Express 18-Wheeler (the Santa Semi) on December 9, 2017.
- Enjoy a free showing of the movie “Scrooge” in New London, followed by their annual A Dickens Christmas celebration.
If venturing into the great outdoors this winter isn’t for you, the area around Spicer Castle Inn is also a wonderful place to shop for those hard-to-find Christmas gifts. The neighboring town of New London is also a great place to finish up your holiday shopping, especially for those hard-to-shop-for members of your family. You’ll find a variety of unique, locally-owned stores lining the streets.
Holiday Parties at Spicer Castle Inn
The holidays near Spicer, Minnesota are quaint, charming, and exactly what you’d expect from a quiet lakeside retreat in Minnesota. We are located only a short 90 minutes away from Minneapolis, so consider hosting a company or family holiday party here. We are open and available 7 days a week to host your holiday party, which can accommodate parties with up to 50 guests. For an even more memorable holiday affair, make it a Murder Mystery themed Christmas party! All Christmas parties will include your choice of either a 3 or 5 course meal, a commemorative photo, and of course plenty of wonderful holiday memories of your time here at the Spicer Castle Inn & Restaurant.
No matter what the holidays have in store for you this year, plan on spending at least a few days resting in style at Spicer Castle’s lakeside retreat. It’s also never too soon to start planning for Spicer’s annual Winterfest celebration, which takes place in January, 2018. Book your room today, and celebrate the holidays in style at our Minnesota Bed and Breakfast.